I’m now about 5,000 words behind schedule on the word count for my fourth novel because I have been a bit consumed with preparing the launch of the first.
The first thing I did was load the manuscript up to draft2digital.com to be formatted for ebook versions and to create a PDF which I could use to load up to createspace.com to create the paperback version.
Having done this, I could tell my cover designer how many pages the book was going to be so that she could create the artwork for the cover at exactly the correct proportions.
Having gone through it twice more with Grammarly, I uploaded the manuscript to Kindle Direct Publishing but found I had problems with margins. In an attempt to solve this, I uploaded the manuscript to createspace.com instead but the same error messages appeared. I concluded that the errors weren’t really going to affect the finished book and so submitted it for review which came back all clear.
Having submitted the book to draft2digital and to Amazon, the book became available for pre-sales on Amazon US, UK, Brasil, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, India, Australia, and a whole host of non-Amazon online booksellers.
I set up a range of Facebook ads to appear in the week up to the launch, the day before the launch and for the launch day itself and adverts to appear on Amazon pages. I also bought a book promotion on freebooksy.
Now all this is scheduled I’ve got no real excuse for not going back to writing the fourth novel.